Benefits of flat-roofing
The benefits of flat-roofing are becoming known to many people all over the country. Not only does its compact design save space, but the economic and efficient structure saves you both energy and money. It is a fact that this method of roofing lasts longer than traditional pitched roofs due to their construction architect, and are cheaper to build.
We use Butyl Rubber and a combination of materials to ensure your roof will have the longest life possible, resistant to weather effects, UV rays and flexible to movement within the structure. This method can be applied to many surfaces: concrete, timber and other decking included.
Roofguard can offer you a reliable and cost effective solution for refurbishment or new roofing projects. Depending on project specifications, ballasted, mechanically fixed or fully adhered systems can be applied, in either domestic or commercial premises. With strong vulcanised seams the lightweight membrane can be fabricated into large modules offering greater design flexibility.
We specialise in fabricating and installing a wide range of fluid retention membranes for use in the industrial, agricultural and civil and hydro engineering sectors.
Butyl liners are environmentally safe and suitable for most types of aquaculture or liquid containment. Since our range of products can be supplied with various different characteristics and thicknesses, Butyl can be used in a wide variety of applications such as:
- Garden Ponds
- Reservoirs and reed filtration beds
- Silage tanks
- Slurry and effluent pits
- Water-resistance installations such as building foundations, floors and bridge decking
Because a Butyl membrane is pre-fabricated in our factory, our installation procedures cause minimal discomfort or disruption to occupants and a life expectancy in excess of twenty years can be anticipated.
- Totally weather resistant and will remain flexible for decades.
- All types of buildings are subject to movement (interstitial movement between membrane and substrate causing traditional materials to break and leak).
- The Butyl ballasted system is not affected by movement. Butyl has an elongation factor of 300%.
- Chemically stable it will not shrink or deteriorate.
- Can be fabricated in nay shape or size using a time proven factory (or site) joining system.
- Fast roof installation causing minimal disruption to customers normal business.
- Can be laid independently of weather conditions resulting in easier planning and shorter construction time.
- Loose laid washed bank gravel enhances durability and provides a permanent reflective finish.
In many cases of remedial work, the material can be laid directly over the existing covering (after the roof has been suitably prepared) thus avoiding expensive stripping costs.
Why Flat Roofing?
There are many design and performance benefits from installing a flat roof but it also offers exceptional value for money. Savings can be made on the structure, contract times can be reduced and substantial energy savings achieved. Combining these with extended life-spans, ease of maintenance and proven resistance to the fluctuations of the UK’s weather, flat roofs do offer a real alternative.
When it comes to designing a roof that is functional, weather-tight and offers whole-life value for money, a flat roof cannot be beaten.
BUTYL rubber flat roof systems are less expensive than a grip flat roof or fibreglass flat roof and comparable flat roof cost to felt. With a life expectancy of over 50 years combined with its proven impervious ability, durability and reduced flat roof maintenance, it is by far better value and the most cost effective flat roof solution to combat flat roof leaks and water damage. BUTYL flat roofing membrane is the choice repairing flat roof material to seal a problem flat roof for good.
Flat versus pitched roofing – the facts
Properly designed, using quality materials and installed by competent contractors flat roofing offers a wide range of benefits that cannot be achieved with a traditional pitched roof. Here are some of them:
- Flexibility of design
- Ease of installation
- Cost savings
- Accommodation of and access to plant
- Low maintenance
- Opportunities for recreational / decorative finishes
The technology behind Butyl
The attributes of BUTYL, are weld characteristics as perfected for reservoirs and tanking, apply equally to its use as an impervious membrane for FLAT ROOF SYSTEMS. In Sweden alone, some half million square metres are laid annually.
It is beneficial in both commercial and domestic situations and can be applied as new and remedial roofing solutions. One advantage of this is the option of simply laying a new membrane over the existing covering, avoiding expensive stripping costs or disruption to ongoing business.